This page explains how we collect and use information
Regularly reviewing the page ensures you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with other parties.
Data Protection Act 1998
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 , we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. You have a right to access your personal data and change any inaccuracies.
We will ensure that any information we obtain and use will always be held, used and transferred in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
What We Mean By Personal Information
“Personal data” means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified:
(a) from those data, or;
(b) from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
Personal Information We Collect
When you register on the site as a user, we ask you for certain information in order to build up your user profile, for example your name and email address.
We routinely collect and process the following data:
- Information you provide via the “registration” page when registering to use the site including your name and email address;
- Any updated information you provide from time to time via the “My Profile” page;
- Information you provide when you submit or post content to the site or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with the site to us);
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, visit frequency and details of your usage, what groups you belong to, where your contribute content, who you ‘friend’, etc. and the resources that you access, and;
- The website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site (see Cookies section below for further information). The information generated about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used anonymously to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We may collect information from your computer and browser including your IP address and cookies information. Please see Cookies Section below for more information.
We let you know on the registration page if the provision of certain information is required.
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes set out below.
How we use your personal information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- so that we can administer and support the site and your use of the site;
- to provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of the site (including to particular content);
- to contact you by email from time to time, in order to ask for your views on the site and/or any of the content on the site;
- to contact you by email from time to time, with information about news related to Oxenhope and with details of events that may be relevant to you;
- to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the site;
- for members to access and search the People Finder facility and connect with other registered users of the site;
- for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the site; and/or
- for other purposes to which you have given your consent.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. Only authorised administrators and our website developers, Digital Nomads Limited, will have access to your personal information.
Due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us during the course of its transmission. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the internet.
Updating Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user, you can access all the information we hold about you and you can amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information by logging on to your personal profile. If you have any other queries regarding the information we hold about you then you should contact us by email.
Contacting us about the privacy statement
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the Data Controller for this website is Oxenhope Parish Council. The website is maintained on behalf of Oxenhope Parish Council by the digital agency Digital Nomads Limited and hosted within a UK based data centre, operated by Heart Internet.
Please note: If you request to delete your personal data completely, or amend certain required information for registration to the site, this will result in you no longer having login rights to use the site.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
Cookies for using BuddyPress
Last updated, May 2015.