Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this site (www.oxenhope.org.uk) is provided by Oxenhope Parish Council (‘Us’/’We’) subject to the following terms:
- By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately upon your registration with www.oxenhope.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by the following terms please do not access and/or use this site.
- We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms, as updated and/or amended.
Using this site
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene, or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
In order to use the website you must complete the registration process. All information you supply when registering for the site will be available to other members of the site.
You can edit your personal profile at any time, by signing in and selecting “Edit My Profile”.
We allow access to Oxenhope Online to members on the basis that they:
- provide accurate, current and complete information about themselves on any registration forms;
- maintain the security of their user name and password;
- promptly update the member profile, and any other information they provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete;
- are responsible for all actions taken under their username and password;
- do not create additional registered user accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do they seek to pass themselves off as another person or user; and
- comply with the terms.
Links to external websites
Links contained in this site may lead to other websites that are not under our control.
We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content.
We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Changes to / operation of the website
We may change the format and content of this website at any time or suspend its operation for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
Because of the membership-only nature of the site, content will not be available if the site is permanently closed.
Please be aware that the sensitive or confidential content should not be shared on this site.
When you use the site you will be able to share content with other members and will have access to content provided by certain other members. You are solely responsible for the content you post or make available on the site . Any content you display on the site is done so entirely at your own risk. You can also communicate with other members through the site and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for those communications. We are not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of members.
Much information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, or any other material (“content”) on the site is generated by members. Content may be out of date and we make no commitment to update or remove the content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of any content on the site.
Content is for information only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise) and should not be relied on without taking independent advice. You are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on the content.
Member generated content
Most of the functionality on the website (such as forums, document sharing etc.) is provided to help groups share content with others. Please ensure that:
- Any contributions you make are civil and tasteful;
- You do not post unlawful (including but not limited to UK libel and slander laws) or objectionable material. Material that is harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable and will be removed; and
- You have appropriate permissions to post the content.
You may print, copy or download content provided always that:
- you acknowledge the source;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in the content.
Please be mindful of information security and your intended audience.
You are also promising us that you wrote content yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. Please cite your sources and/or give credit, as appropriate. Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!
We reserve the right to update our Terms and Conditions from time to time so please visit this page regularly.
Last updated, May 2015.